1. Research your college options: Start by researching what colleges are out there and what kinds of programs they offer. Visit websites, read online reviews, and talk to current students or alums from the schools you’re interested in. Attend College Fairs and high school information sessions. This will give you an understanding of each school’s strengths and weaknesses.
2. Make a list of your must-haves: Consider what factors are important to you in college. This might include location, cost, size, academic programs, extracurricular activities, or other criteria. List out all the things that are non-negotiable for you when choosing the right school.
3. Consider the range of schools: Based on your research, start narrowing down your list to a range of colleges that fit your criteria. Make sure you have at least a few schools you like and are a sure bet (75% admit rate or higher).
4. Take campus visits (in-person and virtual): If possible, arrange for campus visits to schools on your narrowed-down list. This will allow you to see these places and get a better feel for them. For
virtual tours, I love YouVisit.com
5. Make your final decision: Once you’ve done your research and taken your campus visits, it’s time to decide where to go for college. Consider all the essential factors and determine what school best meets those needs. Good luck!